Wednesday, December 23, 2015

ZEN AND BLESSINGS

December is such a busy month in our life and I imagine for everyone.  Our family winds down soccer for the season, Multicultural Fair at my son's school (this is a big presentation from all classrooms, K-8) and of course, getting ready for the celebration of our faith.  From Christmas to Hanukkah, our family loves the tree, cooking, baking,  gift giving, and family gatherings.

As I begin baking cookies to give to our neighbors, I remember many years of baking with my mom.  I wish I had had more time with her.  I have so many questions to ask her.  I wish I had learned so many of her recipes, but I was only in my 30's when she left.  I always thought there would be time. Sometimes there's not.

So as you gather or hesitate to gather, remember, this is your family.  Whoever that may be.  Be peaceful, be kind and show love.  That's all that really matters.  ZEN and Blessings to you and your family!  Janice





No comments: